Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feb 4, 2010 - Silence

Usually, the twilight covers the part of the Earth where I live long before I've got something to be written in the blog. But today it was different. Already in the morning, standing on skis under the crowns of pine-trees, I knew what I would write in the evening.

Did you ever notice how much noise is there in your life? I think you did. But it happened so seldom. The more vivid the life is the more bustling it becomes.

Today, I skied without headphones in a forest near our village where there weren't any people, or cars, or any other sources of noise. Everything seemed to be alright... But after a while I stopped to have a small pause. I heard my blood pulsing, and the pulse little by little slowed down. I was looking around enjoying the view of grey cloudy winter morning in the forest. The snow under skies crunched when I shifted a little from one foot to the other. And suddenly a lot of very quiet sounds intruded into my mind. The slight groaning of the trunks of pines, the muffled dabbing of a woodpecker, the whisper of the light breeze from the lake... This all hadn't been heard by me a minute before, but suddenly filled me all. Me alone in a frozen remote place and the sounds... This all seemed to be a fairy tale at a stroke happened with me. And that was so splendid!

What a strange thing! Quiet sounds of nature seem to be so pleasant, and you relax so good when you listen to them. But we do it so seldom even then when we are in the park or in the country... The shocking world in us is constantly trying to pilfer these small things which can brighten up the life. Don't let the monster do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment