Saturday, February 6, 2010

Feb 6, 2010 - The Spirit of a Language

Today, I've watched an interview of Jodie Foster. She is an American actress, you know. She speaks French as well. She likes to act in French, too. She says in the interview that language changes everything. To work in French is rather different than in English.

The words are true for me, too. But my native language is Russian, and my 'French' is English. It even seems to me that the language has its own spirit. I am not ready to speak on the theme thoroughly (and you may argue with me). But I see the result. For example, when I speak English I start feeling happier. It is always so. This is the reason why I like English, and this is one of the reasons why I post in the blog in English.

Today is not a happy day for me. That's why when I felt bad I switched on a Californian radio broadcasting rock music. I decided that would improve my mood a little. It did.

P.S. (written afterwards) Though, really, my mood was changed after a telephone talk with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment