Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jan 17, 2010 - Winter Tale

Not so long ago I was writing about beautiful pictures of Russian winter.
Today, I was so astonished by other pictures of it which are not seen every day, but impress so much!
I had to have an early journey to Smolensk. It was accidental. I got known about the necessity to go to the city at 6 a.m. In 90 minutes my father and I were in the car heading for Smolensk. We were leaving when it was dark. And had a great opportunity to see the dawn breaking. The dawn itself wouldn't be so remarkable. But it was very warm a couple of days ago. And today the temperature dropped to strong freezing again. Consequently, the trees, bushes, wires were in hoarfrost. How beautiful it all started sparkling when the edge of the sky turned purple. The sky gradually changed its colors and the white branches reflected different shades of crystal red. It seemed to be like Christmas lights! Like decorations of trees! In an hour we saw the red edge of the sun above a snowy hill right before we turned to Highway M1. And the sun didn't blind us. It was so friendly!
It is so good to wake up early every morning! I had no habit to do it so before. And the punishment was that I couldn't notice the magnificent pictures as I was sleepy and annoyed. And the sun in the morning seemed to be my enemy then. How many things I lost... What a joy, that I do catch them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment